Tuesday 18 June 2013

Chey's Blanket - Pattern Testing

This is a very exciting pattern, which I have been asked to pattern test.
Created by Sue Knight, a facebook friend after many, many, many shares and 100's of likers, Sue was convinced to put pen to paper and come up with a pattern.
Sue has put many hours into creating the pattern and it's now at the special stage of getting testing.  I'm sure Sue will release the pattern soon.

As like the Babette  (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babette-blanket ) Chey's Blanket will consist of many granny squares, but it has a little twist.  Diamonds.

Using a 4.5mm hook and 8ply acrylic, I started with the purchase of yarn.  I wanted to use the dark purple and lemon I had in my stash box.  So I went to spotlight on a shopping spree.  I purchased some Dark Green, Lime Green, Light Purple, & Rose Pink.

Spotlight certainly had bare shelves once I went shopping :)


Chey's blanket consists of 7 sections
1 - Centre Panel
2 - Diamond Strips
2 - Wide Panels
2 - Narrow Panels

2 -  Diamond Stripes
 


2 - Wide & 2 - Narrow panels that consist of many squares, each with many tails to tuck in.

 
So far I have completed the Centre Panel, Diamond Panels and started all the other squares.  Stay tuned :)
 
only 10 squares to completion of the first wide panels.  TAILS, TAILS, TAILS.  Someone help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment